Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonLessonsLessons
Previous

Next
New Post
11/5/2002 2:06 PM

Michael:

I am interested in online lessons, can you tell me the cost and how I get started? I am into 70's rock and blues inspired new stuff.. Clapton, Allman Bros, Hendrix, Boston.....

Are you the right teacher for these styles?

I have been playing around for years but have not committed enough to get any good. I need someone who can set me straight about the right way to learn and progress while keeping me interested.

New Post
11/5/2002 2:17 PM

glpaulguy
The private lessons cost $20 1/2 hour for me to transcribe any song you want to learn. I can usually do a whole song with solos in a 1/2 hr - hr depending on the song. Riff Interactive Private Lessons - Michael Johnson

My specialty is classic rock-blues artists, in fact I use to work for the Jimi Hendrix family designing products for Hal Leonard Michael Johnson Bio

I've been teaching for over 25 years and love it!

Great hearing from you!
Michael J

New Post
11/30/2002 8:45 AM

Mike
I was playing Mississippi Queen by Mountain and noticed that the guitars were tuned down a quarter step. What should an electronic tuner be set to in order to achieve a quarter step drop. (What frequency?)

Thanks
Luke

Remember: Play from the heart. Not from the head

New Post
11/30/2002 2:59 PM

Luke, It's possible Mountian was out of tune unintentionally. Back in '69 guitar tuners were not available like they are now, so most musicians used a keyboard for pitch. Try to find the root note of the song and adjust your tuner to that note, then tune the entire guitar to that setting.

Michael J

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonLessonsLessons

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement