Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonPlaying with missing finger partsPlaying with missing finger parts
Previous

Next
New Post
1/17/2005 6:44 AM

My boyfirend and I are trying to learn to play the guitar. He has on his left hand the tip of his middle finger and his ring finger missing. Its a stretch for him to hold down some strings. We were looking at chords and he tried them but was having difficulty doing this. What can he do so he can play chords?? Is there equipment that he needs to get?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

New Post
1/17/2005 10:46 AM

Is your boyfriend Tony Iommi? Tell him that he is already a guitar hero.

New Post
1/17/2005 2:18 PM

No hes not, LOL:) This is going to sound dumb but who is Tony Iommi??

New Post
1/18/2005 3:16 AM

Tony Iommi is original guitar player for the heavy metal band
Black Sabbath. Ozzy Osbourne was singer. He lost the tips of two fingers in an accident. He uses two prosthetic tips attached to his fingers to play.
Also Django Reinhardt, a famous jazz player (deceased), had a partially paralyzed hand. He played guitar with two fingers.

I don't know how much help this is, but can your boyfriend get prosthetic tips made ala Tony Iommi?

New Post
1/18/2005 4:30 AM

Oh Okay, Im going to have to look into that for him. Thank you very much this is helpful

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonPlaying with missing finger partsPlaying with missing finger parts

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement