Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonPlaying with missing finger partsPlaying with missing finger parts
Previous

Next
New Post
1/18/2005 9:14 AM

Yes, Tony Iommi is the guitar player for Black Sabbath. How could you not know that? ;)

I think he had his accident when he was young, so he proved that you can learn to play the guitar with just such a problem.

New Post
1/27/2005 1:18 AM

Ok first off enough about tony Iommi sheeesh I know he's great and all but she didnt post "tell me about Tony Iommi" .......sorry

Ok so im Guitar Player of 8 or more years. and when i once a long time ago....when I was a young wort hog
my middle lefthand finger tip was cut off and hidiesly disfigured...... its not that bad i just like the drama of saying "hidiesly disfigured".. any way
sence then i piked up the guitar and learned to play
i found some cords i couldent play at all and some were relitivly easy for me to
like G, D ,E, C, and i learned about the miracle called commen cord progressions and a little thing called a "CAPO" and "Cut CAPO" so any ways
if you can play a few chords in the same key yuocan Play them with a Capo and be able to Play a in a Bunch
of keys so thats worth knowing. but what i think will help your honey the most is the Cut Capo and alternaite Tunnings with the help of thesehe can make wonderfull full sounding chords with ONEor TWO FINGERS!!!!!!!!! SOME TIMES THREE. look at cut capos kyser cut capo is a good one also try tuning your guitar to EAEEBE thats tune D up to E and tune G down to E (I recomend using a litted gadge D string)
well thats it words of wisdome from a three fingered guitar player.

Luke:::===(_O_)

New Post
1/27/2005 4:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lemarzo on 27 January 2005
Ok first off enough about tony Iommi sheeesh I know he's great and all but she didnt post "tell me about Tony Iommi" .......sorry

Yeah she did. She asked "Who is Tony Iommi"

New Post
1/29/2005 2:57 PM

thats great information for us thanks a bunch. Where can i find the info on cut capo?? and what exactly is cut capo?? Sorry also I didnt mean to start something about Tony Iommi. Our guitar hero is Jimi Bell (but hes got all his fingers) I have never seen anyone play as fast as him. I thought smoke was going to come off of his guitar. When we talked to Jimi Bell he said for my boyfriend to keep practicing and find his own style. But once again thanks for all of the great help and info that we are getting:) We apprecaiate it:)

New Post
7/28/2006 4:59 PM

kyser makes a cut capo u should be able to find it on musiciansfriend.com and what iut do'es is it holds down the a.d.g. strings down on the 2nd fret to put the guitar in adifferent tuning to make chords like
Emaj     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Ect..
E 1st O I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
A 2nd O I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
D 3rd 4 I-IXI-IFI-I-I-I
G 4th 2 I-IXI-I-I-I-I-I
B 5th 2 I-IXI-I-I-I-I-I
E 6th O I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I

X= cut capo
F= Finger
so thats a 1 finger chord! and if you added anothe finger on th 4th fret of the 4th string youd have a Bsus!

Luke:::===(_O_)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonPlaying with missing finger partsPlaying with missing finger parts

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement