Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonUnderstanding the harmonic minor scale..Understanding the harmonic minor scale..
Previous

Next
New Post
11/12/2002 8:53 PM

Jalle, of course playing the other "tonal colors" like the 7th and 9th make sense in this calculation, but remember music is emotion, sharping or flatting say the 9th or 7th what ever can create an array of emotions, by subtle adjustments like creating tensions, resolve, or any number of sounds. There are many great musicians that look at improvition more in chromatic sense than modes.

Michael J

New Post
11/13/2002 11:01 AM

Cool. I suppose I have to get over my thought that there are so many millions of ways to cause dissonance. I think that most of the time when I think a note is 'dissonant', it probably just doesn't fit into the mood of the song or whatnot. I think I get it now ;P
Thanks again,

New Post
11/13/2002 6:55 PM

Akara
Yes, I hope more light bulbs are going off in your head! Look at Eastern music, Oriental,... it's set up on a different tonal system than Euro/American music. There are many sub tones most Westerners do not use because of how the instruments are structured and intonated.

Thanks!
Michael J

Michael J

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonUnderstanding the harmonic minor scale..Understanding the harmonic minor scale..

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement