Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael Johnsonmissing fingersmissing fingers
Previous

Next
New Post
10/13/2007 2:14 PM

I recentlty lost my ring and pinky fingers in an accident.Iwas just getting good after 35yrs of playing.Does anyone no of a technique to use just the first and second fingers? Please don't mention Jango

Thanks Bob

New Post
11/5/2007 5:17 PM

Strange I should run across this post. Last week I encountered a young goth/rock guitarist with the same problem. His accident involved a rope and a race horse. I have been thinking of his struggle since.

I believe you could, with some effort, play the first position blues scale at the top of the neck, which would become easier the further you moved down the neck. Major, minor, and Major 6th barre chords should not be a problem with some practice. This is all you need to know to play some inspirational Blues.

My best advice would be to get yourself a good chord book, or better yet, get a computer program called GUITAR PRO. It allows you you design custom chords that would fit your situation with the click of a mouse.

Sounds like your misfortune invites the Blues--God knows you must have the motivation.

Good Luck, and God Bless.

If you love rock, thank the blues.

New Post
11/5/2007 5:30 PM

I think I may have spoken out of turn. Sorry, I'm a new member, AKA--DUMBASS.

If you love rock, thank the blues.

New Post
11/9/2007 3:29 PM

Hi homer1co,

I don't think you spole out of turn. It seems like good information. We appreciate your input!

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
11/14/2007 7:55 PM

It was good to get a reply. I have been trying differnt approaches.The big thing now is trying to get the flexability back in my remaining digits.[tendon and nerve repair].I played J.J.Cales 'Crazy Momma'' on slide
It hurt so bad to do it that I should record it.Also I picked up my D harp for the first time in a long while.
TIME WILL TELL
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONE, I appreciate good advice.

Thanks Bob

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael Johnsonmissing fingersmissing fingers

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement