Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonPrivate lesson questionsPrivate lesson questions
Previous

Next
New Post
10/18/2007 11:07 AM

I am interested in the online guitar lessons, but have some questions about what to expect:

1) When you transcribe a song that has 2 or more guitars, are all of the parts transcribed?

2) Will you transcribe from an open tuning into standard tuning?
        For example The Black Crowes "Sting Me" is in some funky open tuning, I have tried for years to figure it out in standard tuning with no luck.

3) Will part of the class include what effects and amp setting to use?

Thanks for your time.

New Post
10/18/2007 7:13 PM

Hi collecter,

I just added a new entry to the FAQ on the private lesson page that should answer this question in part.

Ah, what the heck, I'll answer it again. Obviously, something is not clear if we get this same question over and over again:

Like a teacher from a local music store, you pay by the hour (or 1/2 hour). You can ask whatever you want. If you want to have a difficult guitar solo transcribed exactly, it is going to take a while. If you just want the basic chords of a song, it shouldn't take long at all.

That includes 2 guitar parts, converting open tuning to standard tuning (if it makes sense), and the teacher can try to get correct amp settings for you, but that often something that takes a lot of research to get exactly.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonPrivate lesson questionsPrivate lesson questions

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement