Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonRobben FordRobben Ford
Previous

Next
New Post
11/19/2002 7:41 AM

I think Robben Ford would be a great add to your super blues guitarists. I think Robben is one of the best blues/jazz guitarist on the planet. A song like "Start It Up" would be cooool!
Just a suggestion
Thanx
Mikey

New Post
11/20/2002 10:49 AM

Mikey
Without a doubt! In fact you inspired a great idea for a new lesson series Super Blues Guitarists, very cool idea! Robben has such an amazing touch for the instrument. One of our past instructors Don Mock is very good friends with Robben. Don often remarked on how impressed he was with Robben's skill. Don has worked with all the top guitarists in the industry, so he would know.
Michael J

New Post
11/20/2002 5:41 PM

Coooool, glad you liked the Robben Ford idea, I saw him live, met him after the show, and yes I agree with your friend, nice guy, very humble, and those licks he plays are just incredible!
I have been a jazz and blues programmer for a local radio station for the last 13 years and I was thrilled to meet Robben.

New Post
11/25/2002 1:41 PM

Paychekk
Do you have any pictures to share from that show 8-)
Michael J

New Post
11/27/2002 5:37 AM

Sorry I do not have any pics, wish I did take some. Did you know that Robben was one of the founding members of the jazz group Yellowjackets. On thier first three albums, Robbens distinct style sings throughout those projects.
What kind of scales does Robben use?

When I saw him he had an old Fender Twin with the red knobs, and of course his Dumble Overdrive special. Man I wish someone would make a amp with the same voicing that Robben and Larry Carlton uses. I have not heard any other amp that can nail that overdrive that sings like the Dumbles. He played a red ES335, a Fender twin humbucker solidbody out of the custom shop, and a tele. Good Stuff!!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael JohnsonRobben FordRobben Ford

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement