Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael Johnsonjamming flowjamming flow
Previous

Next
New Post
12/5/2002 3:22 AM

Hello, let me just say I love your stuff and I have double my guitar playing ability in the last 6 months due to Riffinteractive!

Here is my question(s). When jamming a G C D C progression should I attempt to lead a scale of G only or should I attempt to follow the progression. In other words, play notes from the G scale while over the G bar, play notes from the C scale over the C bar, play notes from the D scale over the D bar? I feel pretty stale just staying G...

My second jam question is much more difficult. I listen to some of the great rhythm players and they do alot of what appears to me as "harmonizing", whats this all about?

TIA

New Post
12/7/2002 12:22 PM

Tia
Hey thanks! You might want to try the Hendrix approach where you play major pentatonic scales over the I VI V I chord changes. You shift from G Maj pentatonic, to C Maj pentatonic, etc. This approach sounds very melodic and has such a cool sound.

On your second question you should check out the lesson techniques I showed in the Folk Guitar Legends lesson on Jim Croce style, even though this lesson is shown on the acoustic guitar you can apply the interval/harmony techniques on electric as well! Check it out:
Jim Croce Lesson

Michael J

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersMichael JohnsonMichael Johnsonjamming flowjamming flow

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement