Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienI recommeded Lyle for guitar TVI recommeded Lyle for guitar TV
Previous

Next
New Post
9/22/2004 3:40 AM

Are you aware of this proposal to teach guitar on PBS stations? There is a guy teaching piano on TV now. Here is the site for info, the target date to release the program is about fall of 2005.
http://www.extremeguitar.tv/inside.html
The producer is quite open to suggestions for guests and responded to my e-mail promptly.
I have not posted here in a whle but immediately thought of Lyle as a great guitar teacher.

New Post
9/22/2004 3:46 AM

I had additionally suggested Carlos Santana, Pat Metheny, and Eddie Van Halen, along with Sheryl Crow.
Here is the producer's response.
Hey Mark,
I’m a quick draw when I’m in town!

I’ve been on Carlos tail for awhile, hard man to reach, but staying on it. We have a linked to Edward and that’s the top prize so to speak. Pat Methany, what’s a show without Pat?

Females, yes, Sheryl Crow, Nancy Wilson and we are looking at Bonnie Raitt (slide), Jennifer Batten and possibly Emilou Harris (acoustic).

I have heard of Lyle Ronglien, I’ll have to check my list to see if I have added him.

You can name more, that’s fine, just need to get a feel as to who people want to see.

It doesn’t matter how hard it may be to get some of these guys, once the word is out, it should get easier.

Pass the word around and tell everyone you see that we are bringing a variety of guitarists from the past and present, we want to reach all demographics as well as different levels of guitar players, but this isn’t going to be a strum and chord show, but extreme and showing the public that what looks impossible basically isn’t when one practices enough. Hopefully we will uncover some of the secrets of the stars when it comes to their playing style.

Have a good one!

Sincerely,
Ward Bond
Executive Producer
Extreme Guitar TV
P.O. Box 9081
Liberty, Texas 77575

wbond@extremeguitar.tv
www.extremeguitar.tv

New Post
9/22/2004 5:16 AM

I haven't heard of this, looks interesting though.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienI recommeded Lyle for guitar TVI recommeded Lyle for guitar TV

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement