Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFret Board Fingering NumbersFret Board Fingering Numbers
Previous

Next
New Post
11/20/2005 11:15 AM

Lyle: I have Jazz Guitar for Beginners. Lesson 2 G major blues scale. Fingering on the top fret board is confusing. Bottom string shows r-2-3-3. (A)-string shows 5-6. I don't have six fingers and from the media of you it looks like your only using the 1-2-3 fingers. Can you clear this up for me. C.J.

New Post
11/21/2005 9:15 AM

Hi CJ,

The notation software will also allows the teacher to display the intervals or "scale tones" of the notes instead of the fingering. That is what you are seeing in this case. R=root note, b3=flat third, etc. Lyle describes these briefly in the lesson directly before the notation.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
11/21/2005 10:20 AM

Thank you for the explanation. However, being a beginner, whats the fingering? C.J.

New Post
11/21/2005 11:42 AM

Hi CJ,
Ascending the scale, try using your 1st finger to start with. Then use your ring finger for the three notes that are all together. Watch the video clip of this scale and you'll see me using my ring finger for those three notes that are in a row. My third finger just shifts quickly.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFret Board Fingering NumbersFret Board Fingering Numbers

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement