Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienRight hand problems :)Right hand problems :)
Previous

Next
New Post
3/10/2006 12:43 PM

I can't seem to get the rhythm going with my right hand. I'm simply trying to do the basic one chord riff in "Another brick in the wall" and my right hand just wont let me :(

Seems to me that I can't quite get the flexibility (my hand's too stiff when i play?) to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Marc

New Post
6/25/2006 7:27 PM

Play along to the music. Even if you can't do it yet, just keep trying and eventually something will click,and you will have control of that right hand.

Maybe resting your hand on the stop bar of your guitar will help you relax it.

The only other thing I can advise is keep practicing.

New Post
7/2/2006 5:07 AM

One of the absolue KEYS to rhythmn and timing is to RELAX. Make a conscience effort to relax your right hand from the shoulder all the way to your finger tips. Alot of times when you're trying to learn something new you can become very tense - I believe this inhibits your muscles ability to properly react the way your intend. So, every few moments, stop and hang your arm by your side and "shake it out", take a breath and remember to relax. Try it and I bet you'll see and improvement.

New Post
7/13/2006 7:22 PM

If you practice some Chromatic scales with a metronome you will quite quickly syncronize your right picking hand to the fingers on your left hand.

It's the boring foundation work that all crappy players skipped. :) Well, boring if you do it for several hours a day...but if you want to see fast improvement...

Oh yeah, if you do a Google search, you will find several free metronomes on the Web.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienRight hand problems :)Right hand problems :)

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement