Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienPickup NoisePickup Noise
Previous

Next
New Post
5/5/2006 5:54 PM

I have two Fender American Vintage guitars. I get alot of pickup noise. Is it me or those vintage pickups. Also could it be my amp( Fender Blues Jr )Or a combination of Both. If so any suggestions on changing pickups and or amps. CJ

New Post
5/8/2006 1:46 PM

CJ....what you have there is 'garden variety' 60 cycle hum common to all single coils. I have 4 Strats, including a '79 that I have outfitted with NOISELESS single coils. I have been spoiled by these things. I cannot deal with the hum anymore! (Well ...okay....if you GIVE me a '65 Strat....I'll deal with it!) Hook your guitars up with these and kiss hum goodbye.....

One of Chuck's children out there playin' his licks!

New Post
5/9/2006 10:10 AM

It could be the amp too. I'm not sure about that model, but I have a Fender Princeton amp which buzzes. I asked some people who would know and they said that those amps are made to be played LOUD on a stage, not quiet in my office.

You don't hear the buzz when it's being played loud on stage.

New Post
6/25/2006 7:05 PM

Have you tried a noise gate?

New Post
7/10/2006 11:18 PM

I think it's more with the Amp. I had the same problem when I started with my Fender "Cyber Twin" even with its built in Noise gate but got rid of the noise with an external, quality N.Gate.

HA

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienPickup NoisePickup Noise

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement