Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle Ronglienlicense for downloaded softwarelicense for downloaded software
Previous

Next
New Post
3/2/2007 4:30 PM

Is there an issue on the new system for buying lessons as to where we load the lessons on a computer? Since no disc is involved it seems the software must reside on the primary drive of a computer. I can not seem to get the license of the software to accept an external drive.
Is there a way to copy these to discs instead of being required to use the same machine for practice?

JimiRod

New Post
3/4/2007 3:03 PM

When you go to the page that downloads the lesson files, it will set a license for the lessons on that computer. You should be able to copy the lessons to an external drive or CD/DVD drive or flash drive or whatever; and still access the lessons from that same computer. However, you wouldn't be able to take that external drive to another computer.

If you want to use the lessons on a different computer, we would need to reissue the license. Just send us email with the order number and we can set that up for you. You would need to have access to the internet from the second computer.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
5/4/2007 10:46 AM

Has any one tried out the latest FingerGear Computers with this new licensing system on Riff Lessons? The Newest units have fingerprint security DRM installed and have up to 8 gigs of memory for storage.
I was curious how well they worked with Riffinteractive Lessons?

JimiRod

New Post
5/6/2007 4:21 AM

We haven't tried it ourselves, but I'm guessing that it wouldn't work. We use the licensing technology built into Windows. It's the same licensing technology used by Rhapsody, Yahoo Music, Zune, Walmart Music, Cinemanow and others. If the FingerGear works for those, then I guess it will work for our lesson downloads also.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle Ronglienlicense for downloaded softwarelicense for downloaded software

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement