Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienRocktron Voodu Valve presetsRocktron Voodu Valve presets
Previous

Next
New Post
7/20/2004 2:40 PM

I use the Rocktron Voodu Valve preamp direct into the soundcard of my pc to record my guitar parts. Here's my favorite presets that I've used in many of the Riff Interactive CD-ROMs. If you have a Voodu Valve feel free to use these.

For clean sounds I like to use this preset:
Lyle Clean 1
Sometimes I'll mute the delay, and or reverb, or pitch shift depending on what's needed at the time.

For many of my solos I used this preset:
Lyle Style
Sometimes I'll mute the chorus effect. Almost all the time I would change the settings of delay 2 to match the tempo of the song.

These are the main presets I like to use on the Voodu Valve

New Post
10/20/2004 11:05 AM

Hi Lyle,

I have a Audigy2 ZS 2 Platinum sound card with Internal I/O drive. Fire Wire and Optical I/O, Tons of whistles. I can use this preamp on my computer? Currently I'm using going thru my BR-8 for effects (tons of effects on it but quite cumbersom).

Q2. is there software for presets so you can save and call up etc...

StevO

The Mind Never Grows Old
Dreams Never Die
Music is the Glue that Binds These Truths.

New Post
10/20/2004 3:28 PM

Yes. You can use any preamp that has a amp/cab simulator/direct output to go into the PC. Rocktron has software for much of their equipment.

New Post
10/20/2004 9:26 PM

Excellent! Thank You.
musicians friend says they list for about 1000 bucks. they have it priced @ 649 and change. Good price? I'm not afraid to spend money but I don't like throwing it away (from what I've read seems like it's worth 1k anyway).

Steve

The Mind Never Grows Old
Dreams Never Die
Music is the Glue that Binds These Truths.

New Post
10/20/2004 9:33 PM

Spendy yes. Check out what Line 6 makes. I like the POD and I own and use the FlextoneIII+ with FBV Shortboard.

Line6.com

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienRocktron Voodu Valve presetsRocktron Voodu Valve presets

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement