Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienA Few QuestionsA Few Questions
Previous

Next
New Post
8/31/2004 10:56 AM

#1 Do you always play in standard 440?
#2 Are there any natural open tunnings you like? Open D, G, Dm Ect.
#3 Is "Drop D" a helpful thing for beginners?

I play a mostly death metal style, so I use drop D and I tend to tune a half step to a whole step down for anything I play on the electric. For the accustic I'll use any tuning I think sounds cool, anything from open tunings to standard, and 440 to a whole step down/up. Just wondering what your thoughts on different tunings are.

New Post
8/31/2004 11:59 AM

You wrote: #1 Do you always play in standard 440?

I wrote: Mostly yes.

You wrote: #2 Are there any natural open tunnings you like? Open D, G, Dm Ect.

I wrote: I like open G tuning, and drop D tuning.

You wrote: #3 Is "Drop D" a helpful thing for beginners?

I wrote: No, I don't think so.

I use to use a tuning like this for some heavy metal/grunge stuff:

6=C
5=G
4=D
3=G
2=B
1=E

New Post
8/31/2004 4:21 PM

Ummm, Why? Why? and...... Why?

I can see where you were going with that tuning, odd and intersting at the same time. I kinda wanted to get into a discussion on different tunning concepts and ideas since after all, this is a discussion forum.

New Post
8/31/2004 4:43 PM

I don't do much in altered tunings so I don't have much to say about it! Standard tuning goes a long way for me. Every so often I go into open G and Drop D for a song or two.

New Post
9/10/2004 6:34 PM

i would say (unless you are eather really really experienced with guitar) that using several different tunings would make learning to be proficient at guitar like 6times harder. seing as how you would have to adjust everything you know about guitar and music everytime you change tunings... but thats just me

--mike

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienA Few QuestionsA Few Questions

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement