Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle Ronglienhey lylehey lyle
Previous

Next
New Post
11/7/2004 1:11 PM

hey man whats up, id like to say your awesome, and i checked out your website, cool stuff, i like your studio, and well im kinda new to riff interactive but im gunna start tuning into the group lessons, well anyways... i got a question...

I looked at Arpeggio Applications, lesson 4, and i learned the arpeggios, it sounds good, but I looked at the solo example at the end of the lesson and you went really fast and it made a cool sound, my question is when you got to the fast part (after the single picked arpeggios)... did you just play the arpeggios fast, or did you sweep pick? I hear that kind of solo'ing alot... and ive been dying to pick up the skill.. If it is sweep picking, do you have any suggestions? becuase many lessons on sweep picking are very vague and hard.. If it isnt sweep picking, do you use another technique? i'd like to know, help is appreciated, this would help out my music and solos alot... Thanks Lyle!

-Robb

100 Watt Marshall
50 Watt Behringer (Built in effects)
Gibson Les Paul
Ibanez JS2000
Fender Acoustic
Digitech RP50 Modeling Guitar Processor
Ibanez LF7 Tone Lok Filter Peddle

New Post
11/7/2004 1:21 PM

Welcome Robb!

Glad you found us. It seems that I was doing a combination of pull-offs and alternate picking for the arpeggio flurry in the video clip for the solo example Arpeggio Applications, lesson 4.
Lesson 5, which is coming up ths Monday night will have a few sweep picking arpeggio examples. Stay Tuned!

New Post
11/7/2004 1:31 PM

well thanks lyle, ill be sure to come tot he lesson

100 Watt Marshall
50 Watt Behringer (Built in effects)
Gibson Les Paul
Ibanez JS2000
Fender Acoustic
Digitech RP50 Modeling Guitar Processor
Ibanez LF7 Tone Lok Filter Peddle

Previous

Next