Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienOpen Tunings - are they worth adopting ?Open Tunings - are they worth adopting ?
Previous

Next
New Post
12/14/2004 8:03 AM

Hi Lyle,

I'm 35 and I started learning to play the guitar about 1 year ago (trying to prove that it is never t late to start doing something that you really like). My objective is not to get Pro, but to be able to play in tempo, to sing along with friends and to be able to do some solos too. A few weeks after I started, an alticle about open tuning got my attention and since then I have been playing mainly in Open D and Open Dm.
Even though I like Blues, adopting Open tuning was more related with the learning process (it is a lot more easier - I wonder how Standard got standard? - this is just a tought), and not with music style.
Today I have a big doubt: Am I reducing my learning process/abilities by just playing in these tunings ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos

New Post
12/14/2004 9:57 AM

I suggest the beginning guitarist learn to play in standard tuning. Learn to play all styles of music in the standard tuning. Once you understand what you're doing and can play good, then explore open tunings.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienOpen Tunings - are they worth adopting ?Open Tunings - are they worth adopting ?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement