Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle Ronglientapping techniquestapping techniques
Previous

Next
New Post
5/28/2005 6:14 AM

i need a reference point from which to begin this technique... i understand how or where to begin tapping when playing in the key of E... on the first string, usually four frets apart... however, if i want to play something in the key of A for example, where on the neck do I begin?? how many frets apart??? i really don't have a reference point to begin this technique in any other key than E... PLEASE HELP!!!

auburn blues

New Post
5/31/2005 2:55 PM

Just too loaded of a question for me to give a simple answer. Too many options on what note to start on etc....
Try starting on the A note?

New Post
7/15/2006 4:16 PM

Do a google search for a diagram of the fretboard, or go to your local music store and see if they have a book that has a diagram of the fret board.

If you are going to play guitar you should know where the notes on your guitar are.

Once you get your diagram, memorize where all the A notes are. Once you have them perfectly memorized, memorize all the B notes and so on until you have all 7 notes memorized.

This tapping exercise you are practicing...play it everywhere.

Every riff I learn, I usually find 3 or more places to play it in the same key...and then in every key.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle Ronglientapping techniquestapping techniques

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement