Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienGetting A Good ToneGetting A Good Tone
Previous

Next
New Post
7/18/2006 7:48 PM

Can anyone with some experience give us a rough idea how often a guitar should be set-up.

Should you base it on when you think the guitar needs it, should it be based on how much you play or should it be a routine maintence thing like every 3-6 months or so?

I'm just looking for some basic rules of thumb or opinions.

New Post
7/31/2006 11:37 AM

I'm not very experienced in guitar set-up, but I can see a difference between my two guitars: a Gibson LesPaul Studio DC and a Steinberger GM-4 (graphite neck and all...). The LesPaul is much more sensitive than the Steinie and usually needs more tweaking. Hence, how often you need to setup your guitar may vary a lot.
Sorry for not being able to give you a more precise answer than that.

Anders

New Post
7/31/2006 7:45 PM

I used emule to get the files that describe guitar setup. I guess any one of the many file sharing things like limewire or winmx could be used also. The file names were Electric Guitar Setup.pdf and Guitar_setup.pdf ... they are both small files. one is about 3 meg and the other only about 170k. I would be most happy to email these to someone. they both will tell you what is needed and what to do. It is always best to take your axe to a pro. the pros have experience and could probly get it sounding the best. My email address is bmw863@yahoo.com . If anyone out there wants to read about it, I will be glad to send it.

Brent

New Post
8/1/2006 12:48 PM

I get my guitar setup by a pro, then leave it that way until I wear down the frets several years later. Then I either get the frets replaced, or replace the neck, or replace the guitar.

New Post
10/17/2006 11:31 AM

Lyle, I was just going over the forum about guitar setup and I read your last statement about replacing the guitar. Are you telling me that you would replace your Brain Moore Guitar? Tommy

Tommy

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienGetting A Good ToneGetting A Good Tone

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement