Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienDavid Gilmour CDDavid Gilmour CD
Previous

Next
New Post
9/21/2005 9:57 AM

Hello,

I was looking at the preview of the David Gilmour CD online.
Does anyone know how many songs the CD covers?

Thanks everyone!

Gary

New Post
9/21/2005 10:30 AM

The David Gilmour CD-ROM doesn't teach you songs, but it does teach you many of the famous sounding riffs from songs like Money, Numb, Diamond, and Brick. This is helpfull when you go to try and learn them on your own, or you just want to learn how to sound like the guitar style of Gilmour.

If you want to learn the real songs and real solos contact me and I can make downloadable lessons for you that teach how to play the real songs of your choice. Here's a list of lessons I've prepared and are ready for you to download:

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall - 1 lesson credit / verse, pre-chorus, chorus, solo, all with video

Pink Floyd - Coming Back To Life - 1 lesson credit / chords for intro solo, intro solo

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb - 1 lesson credit / middle solo with video, end solo ex. riffs with jam track

Pink Floyd - Mother - 1 lesson credit / verse, chorus, bridge, solo

New Post
9/22/2005 2:22 AM

Thanks for the info Lyle,

I checked out the demo on the Riff site. It is a really amazing layout. I'm 2 years into my B.Music, and all I can say is I wish they made it this easy to learn in university!

I'm just starting to get back into guitar. I've been studying theorbo / lute and early music many years.
I've taken the year off school to travel. I'm teaching English in Taiwan and making pretty good money at the moment, so I'd like to pick up a good electric guitar and start practicing again. I think the riff site will be a great resource to learn from while I'm overseas.

I love David Gilmours style. He has been a large influence on me musically for many years. So I'm going to pick up a strat. In a guitar shop close to me here in Taipei they have 3 strats. 1 a Japanese model,that looks like it might be a 60s copy, and the other is a 1991 Eric Clapton "Blackie" with solid white pickups.

If I'm aiming to emulate Gilmours tone quality while I'm learning, which strat would be my best bet? There is also 1 brand new American Deluxe with the Fender Noiseless pickups on it. It has a pretty hefty price tag though. Any recomendations?
I'm picking up NI's Guitar Rig to handle my amp needs for now.

I'll put together a list of songs I'd like to work on and post them for you. I'm sure it's on the site somewhere, but how much do these custom lessons cost?

Thanks again.

Gary

New Post
9/22/2005 6:00 AM

Gilmour and Pink Floyd have always been a big fav of mine too. Any Fender Standard Strat will do the job when trying to get the Gilmour tone.

For more info about private custom lessons please go
here.

New Post
4/12/2006 9:58 PM

I just got back from seeing david in concert. The show was in rosemont IL. Absoloutley no mistakes and a once
in a lifetime experience...

he even played the sax

"we'll start with 'On an Island' and then move into some favorites' said Gilmour wich meant the first half of the 3 hour show was to be from the studio album.

However, this man came out guns blazing from the second half on. Included were waters tracks such as "wish you were here', "Time", and breathe. As if the lazers were not enough, "Fat 'Ol Sun" and "Echoes" (full version) simply stole the show.

This is a once in a lifetime experience simply because of the new way its done, the tone, and of course the talent. Sell the house Sell the kids rob somebody...just get there before its all over   WHOA

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienDavid Gilmour CDDavid Gilmour CD

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement