Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhat’s a good song with easy solo(s)What’s a good song with easy solo(s)
Previous

Next
New Post
9/13/2006 6:04 PM

Try "War Pigs" By Black Sabbath or "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult, hmm...Fade to Black by Metallica is pretty simple as well

New Post
9/14/2006 7:42 AM

If you're into metal, try My Sweet Shadow by In Flames. I don't know if that'd be too fast or not but the beginning part of that song sounds great. Someone i know can play this one pretty easily.

New Post
11/23/2007 10:37 AM

how about the barbie girl song my friend louis says it has a easy solo lol

Dmann

New Post
11/23/2007 10:38 AM

has anyone heard of the band called haste the day if so does anyone know the tabs for the song stitches i can't find it anywhere

Dmann

New Post
11/24/2007 9:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by super shredda on 23 November 2007
how about the barbie girl song my friend louis says it has a easy solo lol

How about Louie Louie? Its a fun song. The cords are straightforward (Am, D, Em) and the solo is A minor pentatonic. You could also try making up your on solo based on that scale. (For solo ideas, try any blues book - see my Guitar Book thread for my personal favourite).

Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Again, pentatonic.

Mentioned above:
- Apache by the Shadows is a good one - not too hard but very satifying.
- "Green Manalishi" I thought this was a Peter Green blues number (& later Gary moore track), rather than a heavy metal Judas Priest track. Must look into that one.

Talking of Peter Green, how about the instrumental Albatross. Very steady & restrained and sounds just sublime.

There are songs that have passages of guitar work that just seem magical. If a song sounds good to you, you'll find it easier to learn. Most Thin Lizzy (Brian Robertson era) & many Santana tracks do it for me.

Depending on your tastes, how about some of the blues classics? I like Freddy King, his songs and his playing. He was also a major influence for many rock guitarists, including Eric Clapton & Brian Robertson.

Free: All Right Now / Wishing Well?
Something by AC/DC / the Eagles?

Brian Robertson,Page,Santana,Clapton,King,King,King,Scott Gorham,Berry,Waters,Hendrix,Kossof,Vai

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhat’s a good song with easy solo(s)What’s a good song with easy solo(s)

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement