Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFRETBOARD THEORY notation?FRETBOARD THEORY notation?
Previous

Next
New Post
3/7/2006 7:07 AM

Hey Lyle, just need to know why are the 6 string E & F notes, fret 0 & 1 noted as D & D sharp in the 1st Interval lesson on the fretboard diagram for C major notes near the end of the lesson? Shouldnt frets 0 & 1 be E & F notes? Also 1 of the notes is marked as T?
I'm just a bit confused about this notation.

New Post
3/7/2006 11:29 AM

I can't find the problem in that lesson. What exactly is the name of the TAB or file in question?

New Post
3/7/2006 1:47 PM

Its the Fretboard Theory CD, lesson 1-Intervals.
Click on the big "All the Natural Notes" TAB near the end of the lesson. Now press the Play button to see the Fretboard notes at the top of your screen.

The first 2 notes, Open E and F are labelled as D&D sharp, and the B note/2nd fret of the A string is shown as T. Everything else in the lesson makes sense except for this. Is this a mistake?   

New Post
3/7/2006 2:39 PM

In the Fretboard Theory CD, Lesson 1 - Intervals, the TAB file called "All the Natural Notes", is located near the top of the lesson, not near the end. Right before it is a picture of notes on the keyboard, right after it is text followed by a TAB called Minor 2nd.

When I click on the TAB it displays all the correct note names. The first two notes should be called E and F, which are open 6th string and 1st fret 6th string.

I'm confused why you say this TAB is near the end of the 1st lesson, and why it plays back wrong. You are viewing it from your CD right?

New Post
3/7/2006 3:02 PM

Oops, I messed up sorry the TAB that I'm refering to is actually the TAB titled "KEY OF C". Click on it and check out the notes that appear on the fretboard uptop.
It's the one underneath the "All the Natural Notes" TAB.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFRETBOARD THEORY notation?FRETBOARD THEORY notation?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement