Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienBad Habits - Good HabitsBad Habits - Good Habits
Previous

Next
New Post
7/27/2006 3:28 AM

Hello :). I'm new to playing guitar only just finished Beginning Guitar 1 of riff interactive. The first question i have is what is the chromatic training you are talking about? I read on another forum post that you were talking about some other pattern as well what are these?

New Post
7/27/2006 7:46 AM

Chromatic scale patterns are scales that use every note. In the Riffinteractive CD-ROM titled Speed Techniques, one of the first things I teach you is some chromatic exercises. Check it out!

- Lyle

New Post
7/27/2006 8:01 AM

Ok thanks, i haven't got that far yet but i'll get on to it soon enough. At the moment i'm just doing the notes A-A on each of the strings and doing the fretboard part. The excises on that are quite challening so i'll probably be practicing that for quite a while. The 5 fingering patterns look pretty tough though :).

New Post
7/27/2006 8:18 AM

The 5 fingering patterns can be very tough for the beginner. Learn the first one, then move on to other lessons. Come back and learn pattern two when you feel you're ready. You don't need to learn them all at the same time.

New Post
7/27/2006 8:57 AM

Ok, i'll do that thanks for the suggestion. When i've finished doing the finding all the natural notes, A, B, C, D, E and F notes on the guitar i'll do only the first pattern. I've done A and B i think A was harder than B personally.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienBad Habits - Good HabitsBad Habits - Good Habits

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement