Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienBacking TracksBacking Tracks
Previous

Next
New Post
7/16/2006 4:14 PM

Lyle,

I just wanted to say that I am extremely pleased with the backing tracks I purchased from this site.

I am having a blast with one in particular, Blackmore style on Rock legends jam track.

I started off like you said in G minor pentatonic, using the first couple of patterns, but I noticed if I added the F notes to the scale, it has a whole new bluesy personality.

I'm sure there is a technical explanation for it, but to me it just sounds great.

I use Ableton Live 5.2 recording software and I imported your loop into that program and made it so the loop is endless.

The nice thing about doing it this way, is when I find awesome patterns, I can click on record and never forget them.

Awesome job.

New Post
7/16/2006 5:02 PM

Scratch that F Note comment above, I was thinking in the E minor Pentatonic Scale.

What I meant was adding the D flat note to the G Minor Pentatonic makes this song sound bluesy.

New Post
7/16/2006 6:42 PM

Figured it out,

No Wonder it sounded bluesy, It's the minor blues scale. lol

New Post
7/17/2006 11:44 AM

Hi Zack,

Why do you import the jam tracks into your recording software? You should be able to loop from the lesson page directly. Should we be implementing our jam tracks differently?

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
7/17/2006 1:41 PM

No,

Don't change anything, the tracks are perfect as they are.

I don't use these loops in my recording software for lack of other ways to play them, I do it that way for a couple of reasons but mainly so the loop doesn't repeat the vocal introduction of the key in case I am on a roll. I don't want to miss a beat so I just start the loop a few bars later.

Also, as you know, recording software like Ableton live has a few more features than your average mp3 player, such as transposing and tempo changing. It just gives me more contol over the jam track I am playing along with.

But most importantly, it allows me to jam along to the jam track, "recording my lead playing" so I can listen to myself and pin point my weak or sloppy areas to improve.

Recording yourself is a very good way to pin point where you need to be working on, period.

I do have one complaint about the jam tracks though. When I bought them, I ended up playing for about 18 hours with the odd pee break and mildly strained the tendons in my left hand/wrist. Practicing patterns at 230 bpm for that long is too much.

I hope others here learn from my mistake, practice no more that SIXTEEN hours a day instead of 18-20, lol.

p.s. I'm retired.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienBacking TracksBacking Tracks

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement