Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienMaking it sound rightMaking it sound right
Previous

Next
New Post
9/4/2006 4:28 AM

Howdy, I don't know if everyone has this problem but it drives me nuts trying to get my guitar/amp to sound close to the tone Lyle is using on the lessons. On some of the lessons he has give tone patches that use the software that came with his Line 6 amp. Well I found the anwser yesterday, Line 6 Guitar Port. It will accept the settings. Now when I load those my guitar sounds like Lyle's. (now if I could.. :) but that is what practice is for.) I don't work for Line 6 I'm just a 42 year old guitar wannabe from Texas.

New Post
9/6/2006 2:51 PM

Line 6 makes great products. I use the TonePort UX2 with all the model packs and I absolutely love it.

I have recently set up a tone with it that give me a 70's, Ace Frehley sound.

The choices are endless.

New Post
9/7/2006 7:47 AM

Most of my lessons I used the Rocktron Voodu Valve preamp for all the guitar sounds and effects. I have the Line 6 Flextone III+, as well as the Line 6 TonePort UX2 and have used them from time to time. They are fun to play with. But I still can't get them to exactly copy the sound of my customized late '70s Marshall JMP Mach II Master Lead 50watt.

New Post
9/10/2006 6:22 AM

I use Line 6 Spider II 210 for my guitar. I sometimes have problems getting the same sort of sounds, especially with distortion effects. I guess it could just be the guitar that i'm using it may not be best used with distortion effects.

New Post
3/8/2007 2:30 AM

I've gone through countless amps tubes and not and used just about every effect and COSM out there. I've currently setteled on and very happy with 2 Tech 21 trademark 60 amps for all my work.

I use a floorboard with a boss chorus CE-2, EH electric mistress, EH memory man, Boss DD-20, Boss OD-3,
Boss TU-2 and a buffer for my strat.. For my humbuckers I put them through the boss GT-8. Will porobably upgrade that to the new Roland VG-99 as sson as they ship in May.

For my recording I'm simply in love with my UX2. Gotta love Zero latency ;)

Gabriel

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienMaking it sound rightMaking it sound right

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement