Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFive best jazz/blues/rock lessonsFive best jazz/blues/rock lessons
Previous

Next
New Post
10/4/2006 2:22 PM

Hey Lyle,
I've been checking out these lessons for a while and I'm going order a set of five. I'm buying a new strat and G-Dec30. I'm 42 and I used to play when I was younger (mostly rock). I never learned theory or any specific techniques. Anyway, I'm very interested in learning jazz, blues, and rock. What lessons do you suggest?

New Post
10/4/2006 3:14 PM

May I suggest any of the following CD-ROMs for you:

Guitarists Who Shaped The '80s
Progressive Rock Guitarists
In The Style of B.B. King
The Edge (U2) Style
Angus Young (AC/DC) Style
David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) Style
Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) Style
Satriani/Vai Styles
Rock Legends I
Rock Legends II
Rock Legends III
Understanding Modes
Jam Sessions - All Blues Styles I
Jam Sessions - All Blues Styles II
Jam Sessions - Rock Style I
Jam Sessions - Rock Style II
Jam Sessions - Smooth Jazz I
Jam Sessions - Smooth Jazz II
Jam Sessions - Funk Style I
Jam Sessions - Funk Style II
Arpeggio Applications
Fretboard Theory
Improvising 101
Speed Techniques

New Post
10/5/2006 3:50 AM

Well... that's a little more than five...
But the list you posted have most of the CDs I am considering.
I have another question. Are the CD lessons exactly the same as what's posted in the archives for free? Are the videos the same size? Is there more content? Dont worry, I'm going to buy a set because I think they are definitely worth the money, I just want to know what I'm getting.

New Post
10/5/2006 2:09 PM

Yes, the video sizes and the content in general are the same as you see in the archives or previews in our catalog. We want you to know exactly what you are getting in the CDs. The only difference is that there is an introduction page and introduction video on the CDs which just contains an overview of what is on the CD.

We are considering a new catalog system which may include a list of the most popular CDs and/or a customer rating system for the CDs. I think that is partially what you are looking for in your original post.

Thanks for the feedback!
Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
10/6/2006 3:31 AM

Not much of an incentive to buy the CDs if the content is the same. But, I still think these are the best lessons I've found on the www yet.
Well I order five CDs yesterday. I'll be sure to post when I receive them.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFive best jazz/blues/rock lessonsFive best jazz/blues/rock lessons

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement