Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFender Amp Replacement TubesFender Amp Replacement Tubes
Previous

Next
New Post
10/19/2006 7:21 AM

Does anybody know some good replacement tubes for a Fender Amp? My tubes that came with the amp are too harsh which makes for a bad tone. Thanks

Tommy

New Post
10/19/2006 7:24 AM

New Post
10/19/2006 9:36 AM

Lyle, I see your answer but I'm not sure which ones(Groove Tubes). They make some that put out less voltage I think. I have a Hot Rod Deville 4X10 and I'm trying for a fatter tone and I have the 6L6Bs Groove Tubes in there now and I was hoping someone would give a product # on the type tubes they have and are pleased with because I hate to just start buying until I find the right tone, I'm wanting a tone that deep and bluesy, a fat type tone. Maybe someone or you have or know the type tubes I'm after. If you can help let me know or I'll just guess at it but that can get expensive when that happens. Thanks

Tommy

New Post
10/19/2006 9:50 AM

You have good tubes int here now. Maybe it's not the tubes. Have you tried different guitars, with different pickups? Or try your guitar into different amps?

If you still think the tubes need to be changed, I'd try contacting the tube manufacturer for help. They would know best.

New Post
10/19/2006 12:49 PM

I just put the new Fender Cobalt Noiseless Pickups in the other day and it made big difference but as far as tone goes it still isn't what I want. I talked to Musician's Friend.Com Tech guy and he said that they make a Gold Series Groove Tube Quartet of 6L6R tubes that has slightly less power which will give me a fatter tone because it doesn't put out as much power,I'm hoping. These are Gold Series Groove Tubes with 1-3 GT rating if anyone would like to know who is having a similar problem with their Fender amp. By the way I can get the tone I want if I push this amp volume up to about 7 or 8 but its so loud you can't stand it anyway maybe this will do the trick but I doubt it. I'm gonna keep trying to get that tone I'm after.

Tommy

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienFender Amp Replacement TubesFender Amp Replacement Tubes

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement