Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienPRS SantanaPRS Santana
Previous

Next
New Post
1/14/2007 12:17 PM

Does anyone know about the PRS Santana? Is it a good guitar to have for a long time or would it be smarter to buy something else? I am not after tone but more if its a good quality guitar. I believe tone comes from you!

Thanks

New Post
1/25/2007 10:43 PM

I've never checked that guitar out but I'm sure that if a PRS guitar has the name Santana on it, you're bound to have a quality instrument.

New Post
2/11/2007 8:46 AM

There are a few guitars from PRS that carries the Santana name.
The US made (e.g Santana II and III) are quite expensive, very high quality guitars. Obviously the quality is as you would expect from any US made high end guitar. One thing to check with these is the neck shape, that may not suit everyone.

Then there are the SE versions, quite a lot cheaper than the US made II and III. These are made in Korea, but that doesnt mean the quality is bad these days. They're consistent, stable and good performers. I personally like the P90 equiped single cut version the best, but thats me.

New Post
3/10/2007 7:44 AM

The PRS Santana is a VERY nice guitar. Carlos made a deal with PRS to make a sig guitar for lower budget musicians but with high quality components. Carlos is an honorable man that truly values his fan base. He would not have endorsed it if it was anything but that. But like any guitar you buy, after the initial purchase, it will need a pro setup to get the most out of it.

New Post
5/28/2007 9:16 PM

I own a Santana SE. Great guitar for under $600.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienPRS SantanaPRS Santana

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement