Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhich Theory tools 1st?Which Theory tools 1st?
Previous

Next
New Post
3/2/2007 6:54 AM

Hi Lyle,
Can't say I'm a noob at theory but I do want to progress further in it. I already bought the David Gilmour Style and Improvising 101 and have nearly completed them. Very cool stuff! I don't want to purchase more than one lesson at a time otherwise I'll just be switching back and forth and not getting the most out of each lesson...lol.

I played pro/semi pro for 25 plus years then took an 18 yr hiatus. Started playing again 2 years ago with a brand new and much better attitude. Anyways I really need to brush up on my theory (All of it). I'm looking really hard at your Smooth jazz 1 and 2 lessons but not sure if that should be my 1st step. Looking forward to your suggestion.

Gabriel

New Post
3/2/2007 7:00 AM

Try the lessons I made called Fretboard Theory.

New Post
3/2/2007 7:42 AM

Hi Lyle,

Thanks for the REALLY quick reply. Outstanding!

Ok I just ordered and downloaded your Fretboard theory lesson and also Understanding modes mostly because I believe the 2 intertwine with each other. Am I correct in this assumption?

Was also VERY tempted to buy the Smooth Jazz series since that is what I'm mostly into as well as Art/Experimental rock. When do you think would be a good time to endulge in the jazz series?

BTW, I live in the Marysville Wa area. Do you teach any classes up here. Would love to get some one on one lessons from you.

Have a great Day
Gabriel

New Post
3/2/2007 10:05 AM

Thank you for your purchase! Once you're done with those try the Jam Sessions - Smooth Jazz series.

I don't teach in Marysville, sorry.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhich Theory tools 1st?Which Theory tools 1st?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement