Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienSoloingSoloing
Previous

Next
New Post
4/20/2003 12:56 AM

I have been practicing soloing in A minor blues and A major blues scales with the last jam track from the last blues rhythm lesson. I was just trying going between these two scales measure to measure. For example I would a phrase in the A minor scale and mirror that phrase in the major scale. I was wondering if this is acceptable. It sounds good to me but I'm a drummer and I'm trying to learn to hear what sounds right. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to know what notes go together when playing multiple notes at the same time in a solo. I can't seem to find notes that work together. Thank you, your lessons are great and I am looking forward to the new blues lead lessons!

Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker|Mexican Made Squier Strat by Fender for Slide|3 Acoustics|Digitech RPX400 Modeling Processor/Effects|2 Marshal Amps
Rob

New Post
4/21/2003 7:16 AM

1. The ONLY thing that matters is if it sounds good. Scales and such are just a guideline. There are no fast rules. If it sounds good, it is good. (Perception is reality.)

2. In re 2 notes, and speaking of scales, try specific intervals within a scales, 4ths, 5ths. In blues it is pretty common to play notes from adjacent strings, for example, if I am playing in the 5th position I might hit the A-D on the 7th fret (4th and 3rd strings).

If that isn't as clear as mud... LOL

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

New Post
4/21/2003 1:42 PM

In many situations, the major and minor pentatonic and blues scales are inter-changable inside a 12 bar blues jam. I will be giving examples of this in tonight's live group lesson (Blues Solo Riffs).

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienSoloingSoloing

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2020 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement