Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhat Do You Want To Learn?What Do You Want To Learn?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/30/2003 8:50 PM

What do you really want to learn? If you could have only one guitar lesson with any real good teacher, what would you want to learn and come away with? What do you think is most important for you to learn right now at your stage of development?

New Post
5/1/2003 11:29 AM

I think I need to learn some complete songs. Something that's not too difficult. We have learned a lot of short little riffs and rythms, but playing in bands requires playing a complete song. I am not criticizing anything that I have learned here. I have learned a lot and made a great deal of advancement from these lessons. Thank you.

Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker|Mexican Made Squier Strat by Fender for Slide|3 Acoustics|Digitech RPX400 Modeling Processor/Effects|2 Marshal Amps
Rob

New Post
5/1/2003 12:00 PM

Good entry, rscroope. Learning to play a complete song is both satisfying and rewarding. I know the feeling well....having learned and played many of my favorite songs in bands through the years.

In many of my private lessons I teach students how to play complete songs, riff by riff.

New Post
5/10/2003 7:50 AM

I'm a bit new to guitar...I've been playing piano and trumpet in high school and college concert bands for many years. I've got a considerable background in theory and fundamentals but soloing is something I struggle with. I realize this is where the creativity comes out but I would like to see more on solo development and such. How to turn all those scales into something good to listen to.

btw...like your video.

I used to think I knew a lot about nothing...now I'm quite sure.

New Post
5/10/2003 7:59 AM

One more item...it seems everyone is in the persuit of speed (myself included). How about some speed development techniques? I find that the left hand isn't the biggest hang up...it's my right (picking) hand that seems to be the problem especially when transitioning from string to string.

I used to think I knew a lot about nothing...now I'm quite sure.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhat Do You Want To Learn?What Do You Want To Learn?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement