Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhat Do You Want To Learn?What Do You Want To Learn?
Previous

Next
New Post
7/16/2003 11:52 PM

Lyle,

I wish there was more current c.d's available for current rock/alternative/metal music. Rhythm and lead. Audioslave, Filter, anything on FUSE. I have the pentatonic and diatonic scales down fairly well in various keys. However, I could use the practice to a rhythm and do some leads. It seems like most leads in current music are the get in and get out type of leads. Any tips? Can we see a c.d. in the future? Help.

Mike Gross

New Post
7/17/2003 4:35 AM

How about you pick a couple of your favorite songs that you want to learn the rhythms and leads from, then sign up for a couple private lessons with me so I can teach them to you. You can burn the lessons to CD if you have a CD burner.

New Post
8/3/2003 8:35 AM

Lyle,

Seriously, I want to learn about advanced progressions and chord structure. I tried learning jazz but I get ear fatige very quickly(probably because I hate Jazz).

Progressive rock like Dream Theater is something that I realy enjoy, but my lack of ability keeps me from copying alot of thier songs(the constant key and time changes make it almost impossible), but I would love to incorperate some elaborate progressions in my own wrighting. I believe that my composition has grown stale over the last few because of lack of options.

I'm a die hard Classic Rock (70's & 80"s) fan, but it's time for me to expand.

" If we are generation X does that mean it all has to start over after Y and Z "
Tommy South

New Post
8/3/2003 10:40 AM

Tomcat,

I wonder if you know what the resulting chords are of the harmonized major scale, and how to use chord extentions and substitutions? This type of theory would greatly help you understand advanced chord progressions and chord structure.

New Post
8/4/2003 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TEACHER:LyleR on 03 August 2003
Tomcat,

I wonder if you know what the resulting chords are of the harmonized major scale, and how to use chord extentions and substitutions? This type of theory would greatly help you understand advanced chord progressions and chord structure.

Any suggestions?

" If we are generation X does that mean it all has to start over after Y and Z "
Tommy South

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersLyle RonglienLyle RonglienWhat Do You Want To Learn?What Do You Want To Learn?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement