Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersStorm StenvoldStorm StenvoldAlternative Rock LessonsAlternative Rock Lessons
Previous

Next
New Post
12/14/2007 11:17 AM

Hi,

I'm 13 and I haven't been playing guitar long. Just picked up the guitar over the summer. I would like to learn more but don't know where to start. I would also like to learn to play songs from groups like Modest Mouse or Chemical Romance but I'm open to other similar alternative rock songs if I'm learning how to play the guitar. Do you have Alternative Rock lessons available?

Tito

New Post
12/17/2007 3:34 PM

Hi Tito,

We have a "Grunge/Alternative" title that contain some beginner-type lessons. Many of the chords used by current bands are the same as chords used by rock bands of the past. So most of our rock lessons should apply.

If there is a particular song you want transcribed, you could have one of our teachers figure it out for you in a private lesson.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
12/18/2007 1:51 PM

Hi Steve,

That sounds great. I thought Storm Stenvold was the teacher for alternantive rock. I sent him an email but he hasn't replied. Is he still teaching?

If Storm Stenvold is no longer teaching, then who would you recommend for online private lessons, knowing the type of music I'm interested in?

Tito

New Post
1/14/2008 6:50 AM

As far as I know, he is still teaching. Did you try 'storm@guitarteacher.com'?

You might also try Lyle Ronglien ('lyle@theguitar.net'). I know that he is familiar with some of the modern songs, being that he has young kids who listen to that music.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersStorm StenvoldStorm StenvoldAlternative Rock LessonsAlternative Rock Lessons

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2018 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement