Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersStorm StenvoldStorm StenvoldIm brand new at this..Im brand new at this..
Previous

Next
New Post
5/29/2003 11:49 PM

Im really new at guitar.. only couple months of experience.. mainly learning chords and downloading tablature.. not to sound impatient about playing guitar or anything but would it be possible to learn any song I wanted at my level?

New Post
5/30/2003 7:36 AM

I know this is meant for the instructor, but I think the answer should be yes. Any song can be broken down into bite-sized morcels, which with practise can be learnt. With time, you should be able to play the song "at full speed." Meantime, the teacher should be able to help you to understand what theory is being employed in the song to help you to learn songs in the future. Of course, some songs might take longer than others, some are more complex than others, but in the end, they are all just comprised of notes.

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

New Post
6/5/2003 6:19 AM

You have to learn to walk before you can run. Meaning I wouldnt try to learn something super difficult if you are just starting out. You will just get frustrated. Start with the basics. Neil Young, Bob Seger, simple blues tunes, things like that, are what I would start with. Trying to learn a lightning fast,sweep picking frenzied, arpeggio laden, neo-classical shred infested romp is a mistake for beginners. Just my opinion......

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersStorm StenvoldStorm StenvoldIm brand new at this..Im brand new at this..

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement