Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersRusty CashRusty CashSuggestions for good country players?Suggestions for good country players?
Previous

Next
New Post
11/18/2002 6:30 AM

WOW! You should put that last post to music and you would have a big country music hit!!

New Post
11/18/2002 7:07 AM

Now your cathing on..........

New Post
12/9/2002 3:38 AM

I had mentioned that there were some good artists at mp3.com. Here are some guys you gotta check out if you like country/blues instrumental music.

Kirk Lorange
Martin Tallstrom
D.Travis Toy

They are all excellent guitar players. Also they all play several instruments, which will amaze you. If you liked the different styles Brent Mason played on his cd "Hotwired" then check out D. Travis Toy. He plays everything from jazz to country. Kirk is probably more of a blues artist but his slide work is incredible. He does a few songs on the dobro and also has a lot of cool tunes he sings on. Martin is unbelievable also. He keeps it country but if you like banjo rolls and open string licks definately check him out.

One thing you can do to find new artists at mp3.com is to type in the name of someone you like, say Albert Lee. He may be listed as an influence of someone you've never heard of. They're name will also pop up so you can give them a listen.

New Post
12/9/2002 11:27 PM

Rusty,

How about some signature Tele riffs. I really like the stuff that Dwight Yoakam's guitarist (Pete Anderson?) does on. something with a lot of low E bends and double stop twang!!

CB

New Post
12/10/2002 2:59 AM

That would be cool but then there are copyright issues pertaining to the actual riff. A series in the style of Pete Anderson is a possibility. I've been thinking about doing a series on intros, fills, and outros that would go along those lines.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersRusty CashRusty CashSuggestions for good country players?Suggestions for good country players?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement