Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersRusty CashRusty CashSuggestions for good country players?Suggestions for good country players?
Previous

Next
New Post
12/10/2002 10:29 PM

That would be great! Thanks for the info.

Chris

CB

New Post
7/15/2003 5:16 AM

Hi I'm new here. I'm looking forward to getting into learning more. I tell folks Ive been playing guitar for 40 years and I still don't know what I'm doing. I'm glad to have found this site and thes great lessons. Now to find the time to unbusy myself and make myself go thru some learnin! :D

Lessee... Suggestions for Country Players. Hmmmm.. Perhaps one of the lesser known, yet very well known artists I listen to quite often and enjoy his guitar stylings as a matter of course is former Monkee Michael Nesmith. Now Before anyone throws rocks at me and pulls the "They never played their own instruments line" needs to give some consideration to Nez. Give a listen to His solo works particularly the Prison and the Garden, (primarily all guitar instrumental). This guy is more than a mere Monkee and deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

His early solo works are very Country/Rock flavored. He started playing alot of this in the waning days of the Monkees.

John Jorgensen, another awesome player (Desert Rose Band, Hellecasters) also played lead guitar for Nez on his Tropical Campfires as well as worked on The Garden. Nesmiths works and samples and MP3 downloads you can purchase can be found at his site, www.videoranch.com   

Time is Relative....Until the relatives come over!

New Post
8/14/2003 8:55 PM

I just happen to notice that you mentioned Zakk Wylde. If you want to hear some of his more Country/Blues stuff ( not the stuff he plays with Ozzy or Black Label Socity ) then you should check out a CD he did under a band called "Pride and Glory" there are some REALLY good tunes on that CD!

New Post
8/19/2005 12:28 PM

Hey guys!
I just registered after a search I did on brent mason.
I love these country pickers, can't get enough.

I've been following up on Brent Mason, Albert Lee, Danny Gatton, and there's a new guy, Johnny Hiland. I mean he's just finally getting famous.

Any way, I just bought an instructional video about a month ago. This kid in Ohio is pretty awesome too. Doug Seven.
he has a SMOKIN' insrumental song on his website as soon as you open the page. that's what sold me.
If you hear of any new hot chicken pickers, let me know.
~Chad

New Post
9/18/2005 9:57 AM

By the way, he has a new website. If you go to yahoo and search for guitarist doug seven, you'll find his sizzling guitar licks home page. Probably not for everybody, but he kicks my ass!
~Peace

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersRusty CashRusty CashSuggestions for good country players?Suggestions for good country players?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement