Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersRusty CashRusty CashSuggestions for good country players?Suggestions for good country players?
Previous

Next
New Post
9/30/2005 5:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TEACHER:RustyC on 10 December 2002
That would be cool but then there are copyright issues pertaining to the actual riff. A series in the style of Pete Anderson is a possibility. I've been thinking about doing a series on intros, fills, and outros that would go along those lines.

Hi RustyC,
I'm new here, i read your posts and thanks for the suggestions.
I started listening to country music 6 months ago, i play guitar, i always played blues, funk, jazz and now i'm trying to get that country playing that i'm in love with, i find it kind of complicated because of the speed they play (they are burning!) and the 'sound', i'm listening to alan jackson (i guess brent mason plays guitar on his records), garth brooks, george strait, and of course albert lee.
What i know is they use the mayor pentatonic scale (and how they use it!) but its not easy to impro without having the sound or...know what i mean?
Do you have any advice or tips for someone who is starting with the country playing let's say from 0?
Thanks man.

New Post
11/23/2005 8:20 AM

Hey there country guitar pickers.
Here's the biggest, most important thing that I was able to figure out and learn about country guitar soloing, my big break through if you will. I've been playing country guitar for about 15 years now, at first I had all the physical parts of it down (chicken-pickin', the speed of it, etc.) but it wasn't until about 3 years into it that it hit me right in the face...it's all modal.
For example, take a I, IV, V chord progression in the key of A;
A = A Mixolydian mode
D = A Dorian mode
E = A Ionian mode (or the A Major scale)
Try it, you'll be amazed at how perfectly musical your country solos become.

T-Bone Carter

New Post
2/28/2006 11:09 PM

hello all country twangers!

Just reading wehat you guys have posted, And I have got to big it up for brent mason. Legend! also, even if you dont like his commercial sugary-sweet pop style, Brad Paisley is still an immense guitarist. Check out the instrumental 'time warp' from his latest album. Also, have you heard of a guy called Paige Harwell? He is a top chicken picker, there is so much going on in his playing it just blows your mind. Got to big it up for an Ohio guy called Doug Seven who has got his own insructional video out.

I have recently recorded my own chicken picking instrumental 'twangification' feel free to check out a sample of it on www.myspace.com/solphilcox

tell me what you think!

Keep it hard! Sol

New Post
3/6/2006 2:44 PM

Check out Jerry Reed (yes he is the guy from Smokie and the Bandit). He is one of the most underrated guitarist.

New Post
4/27/2006 9:24 AM

Sorry to bug you, but I applied and paid for volume one of Doug Seven's sizzling guitar licks and I have no idea where, when and how to receive my product.

Confused, Flash52

jeff

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersRusty CashRusty CashSuggestions for good country players?Suggestions for good country players?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement