Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitybend techniquesbend techniques
Previous

Next
New Post
10/3/2003 2:32 PM

Hi all,

This is my first post here.
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on the crazy bend technique Zakk Wylde uses in most of his solos. It's usually one note bent up then he comes down on another and gets this cool dissonance in between the two.

Thanx

Kirk

New Post
10/4/2003 11:19 AM

Here's a video clip that might help show you this technique. Bend a string up and then grab the next string and pluck it.

New Post
3/19/2004 9:45 PM

Hi this is a great site, hey any one knows the answer to this?
How do one knows the right cord to do a lead in.
some times it doesn't always sound right in the cord the song's in.

navice

alwayslearning

New Post
4/9/2005 3:22 AM

ok, dissonance, shmissanance.

this is called unison bend. I was doing it all the time when i firtst learned it. I"ll explain the steps.

Usually the note you want to have this effect for is played on the high e-string. let's play an e on the 12th fret. play that e with your index finger. now, at the same time play a "d" on the b-string with your ring finger on the 14th fret.

Now, bend the note with your ring finger until the two sounds are pretty much in unison (same note). if they are out of tune you will hear this cool sound, which is actually from waves colliding. Another thing you can do now is keep that note that you just bent and play a g with your pinky on the 14th fret of the e string. it became a cliche, this whole "riff", but sounds pretty cool.

New Post
2/14/2007 1:02 PM

wow sweet

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitybend techniquesbend techniques

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement