Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitybass guitar and amp for beginnerbass guitar and amp for beginner
Previous

Next
New Post
1/31/2005 10:33 PM

Mdgrove here.
Looking for advice on the best bass guitar and amp combo for a beginner bass player.
I am a music journalist but I'm getting the itch to play big time.
I would appreciate any feedback on this and my last posting on Zakk Wylde.

Thanks,

Mark Grove

mark

New Post
2/1/2005 4:31 AM

If you want a cheap bass I would recommend trying Rondomusic.net. They sell on ebay or from their web site for the same price. They have a very good customer rating if you look at Harmony central reviews.
I dont know anything about their bass guitars, but I recently bought a guitar with licensed floyd for $119.
Basicly the guitars that are made in Korea and china can be very good and cheap. I also have a Jay Turser guitar that I bought for $200 on ebay that is awsome. One of the major retailers picked up this line and sells the same for $430.
The key is to read the harmony central reviews and you'll get a good guitar for cheap.
The cheapest major retailer in the US is the woodwind and brasswind. also owns music 123. try wwbw.com. They always beat guitar center and musician's friend.

My advice is do a little research and buy off the beaten path.
I honestly can afford to buy whatever guitar I want. The cheap ones I have play as good as some costing 4x.

saxcop

New Post
2/1/2005 4:34 AM

Hey also I see that your in Canada. I have a Godin and seagull made in Canada. Dont know if they make a bass but very good stuff. Not cheap. My Godin with synth access was $1200 new.

saxcop

New Post
2/1/2005 6:25 PM

Thanks for the advice on buying a bass saxcop.

mark

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitybass guitar and amp for beginnerbass guitar and amp for beginner

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2020 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement