Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityround in circles w/ a little knowledgeround in circles w/ a little knowledge
Previous

Next
New Post
11/14/2002 11:31 AM

This is for all the teachers here. First off this is a fantastic site because of all the fine work you guys are doing. It's truely appreciated.
Now for my problem. I want to know it all! HAHAHAHAHA!! You see, I want to play Led Zep, Dave Matthews, Willie Nelson, BB Freddie and Albert. I want to play Doc Watson, Jimi, SRV, James Brown, cajun, bluegrass, fiddle tunes. (and more, Miss. John Hurt, Big Bill Broonzy, I'm just gettin started) Good God, keep dreamin.
There in lies my dilema. Where to start. I don't figure it's possible for me to learn all this and so I turn to you for a little guidance :-).
Where do I start?

Thanks for all the good work you guys put in.

New Post
11/14/2002 11:46 AM

I'd say start with a good teacher that can show you how to play many of the songs, riffs, and styles of your favorite guitar players. A good teacher can not only show you how to play those styles but coach you as well by pointing out the little things that are needed for you to sound just right.
Depending on your playing ability as it is now, you should start out with the simpler tunes from these artists and learn as many of them as you can. Over time you will notice a big difference in your sound and style. Things will also get easier to play the more you learn. How much time does it take? It all depends on how much you learn, how much you practice etc.

- Lyle

New Post
11/14/2002 4:28 PM

Hahahaha,I shoulda guess you were going to say that!
You're right of course about getting a good teacher. And that's one of the beauties of this site. Chock full of good teachers. I live in a real small town and the one guitar teacher that I knew of packed up and moved. Anyhows, after thinking about it some I think I would like, (need), to learn to play some backup guitar to fiddle and mandolin tunes to begin with. Recommendations as to who would be the best teacher here for me?

New Post
11/14/2002 5:09 PM

Fiddle and mandolin? Are you interested in country music? Then Rusty Cash would probably be the teacher for you. You can check out his bio at http://www.riffinteractive.com/privatelessons.htm

All of our teachers have bio pages there, with things like their background, influences and sound clips.

Hope that helps!
Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
11/14/2002 5:23 PM

It does. Thanx

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityround in circles w/ a little knowledgeround in circles w/ a little knowledge

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement