Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityPedalsPedals
Previous

Next
New Post
11/24/2003 10:50 AM

Pedals 
hey, first I just wanted to say that I love the site. I appreciate most of it being free and the lessons are really helping me out.
Ok, I was looking into getting a pedal but I can really only afford to get one. What do u think is the most commonly used one? I play (or want to) alot of modern and classic rock (Gun's N Roses, Aerosmith, Metallica). What do u think i would get the most use out of?

Thanx

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

New Post
11/24/2003 10:53 AM

Pedals 
I'd say the wah-wah pedal, any kind or brand.

New Post
11/24/2003 12:17 PM

Pedals 
G n' R and metalica both use a wah pedal. You may want to look into some multi-effects pedal. Also, if you don't know which pedal to get yet maybe you should wait until you get a little better and you come across a need for a pedal. Then you'll know which one you need the most. I like digitechand Danelectro. A Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive was my first effects pedal. It cost about $20 and gave some nice distortion. I now use a digitech RPX400 that has all the effects I know of (including wah) and amp modulators (it can make a 10 watt amp sound like just about any guitarist you want) it cost about $300. If you have a Guitar Centeror another large guiatar store near you, go plug your guiatr into the different effects and play it (to me thats just a fun afternoon anyway).

Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker|Mexican Made Squier Strat by Fender for Slide|3 Acoustics|Digitech RPX400 Modeling Processor/Effects|2 Marshal Amps
Rob

New Post
11/25/2003 9:54 AM

Pedals 
I believe my first pedal was Big Muff followed by Boss Distortion (the orange one) and then followed by countless others.

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

New Post
11/25/2003 12:54 PM

Pedals 
I think which pedal u need might depend on whether your gettin the distortion/overdrive sound your want out of your amp directly. Multieffects are nice if you have the bucks. I really like what my digitech compressor/sustainer has added to my sound (I also play classic rock - aerosmith, ac/dc, etc). Your best bet is to try out as suggested above. If you can plugged into similar guitar/amp combo you are using that would help. I have experienced buying a pedal that sounded great in the store on some equipment and was unhappy with the effect at home.

PRS Custom 24, Fender Custom Strat, Mesa Boogie Road King, various effects

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityPedalsPedals

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement