Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitySmartLightSmartLight
Previous

Next
New Post
2/3/2004 4:26 PM

I understand that Riff Interactive will be (or is) producing software compatible with Optek's SmartLight guitar.

SmartLight has always intrigued me. Just in thinking about it, it seems like it would be a very effective way to learn. One thing that concerns me though is that I think that it was around before, then it died, and now it appears to be coming back again.

Is there anyone out there who has any experience with SmartLight? Is it a good buy? Is it really a significant aid to learning to see the notes to play on the neck instead of reading them off the computer monitor?

New Post
2/4/2004 1:56 PM

The old SmartLight worked through the MIDI connection of a computer and our software also uses MIDI, so they just happened to work together. I don't know if the new SmartLight works the same way. We haven't heard from the company that is creating them.

I know that the "Experience Music Project" (a music museam in Seattle) has a couple of the old SmartLight guitars that they let the public play with. This probably doesn't help you if you don't live in Seattle.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
2/8/2004 4:09 PM

I remember seeing those guitars a few years back and I kind of wondered if it would encourage a bad habit of looking at your fretboard instead of the music or whatever.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitySmartLightSmartLight

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement