Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityExhorting during WorshipExhorting during Worship
Previous

Next
New Post
2/11/2004 8:41 PM

I'm anew Praise and Worship leader and I'm trying to learn everything I can olearn about Worship. During worship when someone is leading a song is it ever ok to exhort while someone else isleading a song? I need this question answered as soon as possible.

For they that Worship Him must Worship him in Spirit and in truth. Let us worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness

New Post
2/11/2004 8:48 PM

What are some of the rules and guide lines concerning a praise team?

What are the qualifications for being a member of a praise team?

For they that Worship Him must Worship him in Spirit and in truth. Let us worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness

New Post
2/14/2004 12:15 PM

Hi,
Ive been leading a praise and worship band for about two years. I would recommend a couple books by Tom Kreuter. One is called "Developing an Effective Worship Ministry". These really talk about the qualifications for a worship team member.
As far as your other question: I've never heard the term exhort, but I believe I understand what you mean. However I would talk to the person leading the song to see how they feel about it. Some open worship time over simple chord progressions, may give you or others a chance to "exhort". Hope this helps.

saxcop

New Post
4/1/2004 7:53 AM

Hello...

I'm a full time sound engineer at a church. My wife plays piano and keyboards on the worship teams.

We have a wonderful book that may offer you many tips for the entire worship team. It is called, "THE PRAISE AND WORSHIP TEAM INSTANT TUNE-UP" by Doug and Tami Flather. It includes topics on playing, arrangements, singers, rehearsals, presentation, chord substitutions for piano and guitar, etc. And it is a fun read. You should be able to get it at any Christian bookstore. The ISBN number is 0-310-24232-0.

"...death and money-- sho' make people act funny!"

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityExhorting during WorshipExhorting during Worship

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement