Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitykey changingkey changing
Previous

Next
New Post
8/8/2004 10:22 AM

ok, well i have struggled with this for awhile i get the whole concept and i know all my major and minor scales but i don't understand how to do key changes from minor to major(EX1. f#m,d,f,a) this is in the key of C?i know that the relative major for F#m is A. does that even matter in this. how would you put EX1. in the key of say G? well i hope you van help God bless thanks

and the mike is done

New Post
8/8/2004 6:04 PM

sorry i ment F#m,G,C,A for example1

and the mike is done

New Post
8/12/2004 11:52 AM

Your question is a little complex but I'll try to simplify as much as possible. F#mi/G/C/A/ would be considered the key of Dma. Most of the chords in the progression are found in the key of D which has two sharps, F# and C#. Play through the progression and when you get to the end of it finish with a Dma chord and you'll see that it ends perfectly on D, it sounds like 'home'. The C chord is the complex part because it's not in Dma it is in Dmi. This is called 'Modal Interchange', which means you borrow a chord from the Parallel Minor. When you play through the progression try using a Dma scale and then when it gets to the C chord play D blues scale or Dmi and you'll get good results.   Play hard.    Jon

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitykey changingkey changing

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2020 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement