Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityRiff Interactive with Virtual PCRiff Interactive with Virtual PC
Previous

Next
New Post
2/1/2005 7:13 PM

Hi everybody! Is anybody out there running Riff Interactive software on a Mac using Virtual PC? I'm getting slow video and crashing MIDI. My hardware is beefy -- a dual processor 2GHz G5, 1.5 GB RAM, running Windows XP. I'm a Windows newbie, so let me know if I've missed some sort of control panel tweak. Please? Thanks!

New Post
2/2/2005 4:14 AM

I had to download some updates to get my video to work when I switched to windows XP. Can remember what it was called, but had something to do with video stuff. Make sure you have all the updates for XP. Sorry I dont have a MAc

saxcop

New Post
2/2/2005 11:54 AM

We haven't tested it ourselves, but I can tell you this: If videos were to work in any way on Virtual PC, they should work with ours. Our videos were created in the most commonly used Windows Media format and are not large enough to tax a fast computer.

Maybe you should re-install version 9 or later of the Windows Media player. I wouldn't know of any settings in Virtual PC for improving video playback.

Regarding MIDI, do you have a MIDI device installed and recognized by Windows?

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityRiff Interactive with Virtual PCRiff Interactive with Virtual PC

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement