Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysaw Zakk Wylde last nightsaw Zakk Wylde last night
Previous

Next
New Post
4/8/2005 12:45 PM

Ok, I saw Zakk last night and he sucks. I'm a guitarist myself and his soloing consisted of penatonic high speed, wah-wah aided bullsh*tting. A good solo is one you can remember. This guy doesnt even know his scales.

Any moron knows there are several pentatonic scale "position". And an idiot who can't play guitar for sh*t just sticks to one. A good guitarist, yes Malmsteen for example plays all over the fingerboard. He can play an ascending e minor scale for example from the low e-string all the way up 4 octaves higher.

His solos are flashy, but a good solo is the one you can remember, and sing. This is just fast trilling, occasional tapping same 4 notes up and down up and down that culminates in a wail full of lush vibrato. haha he also had lyrics on big cardboard sheets.

Why have a second guitarist??? They both play the same chords sh*t. During a solo, the other guitarist cannot be heard.

The acoustic songs sounded a lot better, it actually had some "music" in them, but then the last song turned into the same 4 note high speed soloing nonsence when Zakk grabbed his electric guitar

The bassist was old school though. They did some elevator music number and at least he can play decent bass lines not just power chord noise nonsence.

Final thought. This music sucks. Vampires, death, umm, what else stillborns, what the f**k??? Heh, he looks like a character from a crappy, late-ninetees movie about gladiators or some sh*t. hahaha This is not!!! music, this is rhythmical noise. I have nothign against power chords, I love black sabbath, I love system of a down but this is crap, and Zakkkkk is overrated.

New Post
5/31/2005 5:23 PM

You wrote:"This is not!!! music, this is rhythmical noise"

OK...First of all "rythmical noise" is the definition of music...

2. You also said "This music sucks. Vampires, death, umm, what else stillborns, what the f**k??? Heh, he looks like a character from a crappy, late-ninetees movie about gladiators or some sh*t" yet you say you "love black sabbath"...thats a nice way of contradicting yourself. Ozzy bit the head off of a live chicken before almost every concert back in the day...
not looking to good for you right now is it? Lets move on with this disaster...

3. So you said "Ok, I saw Zakk last night and he sucks. I'm a guitarist myself and his soloing consisted of penatonic high speed, wah-wah aided bullsh*tting. A good solo is one you can remember. This guy doesnt even know his scales." i agree with you that he does play a lot fo pentatonic but here is a question...why do people idolize him so much...cuz its not about what type of fu**ing scales he plays...its about how good it sounds with the song...ever heard of musicianship

Last One...i Promise: You Said "His solos are flashy, but a good solo is the one you can remember, and sing"
Explain to me how the f*** you sing a solo

New Post
5/31/2005 5:32 PM

Just because a solo doesn't follow your f**king music theory textbook doesn't mean it's a bad solo. Music's art, who the f**k are you to say that this art is bad just because it doesn't follow some formula a third-rate music teacher taught you?

New Post
7/11/2005 6:37 PM

Some good solos you can sing or can remember note for note

"I feel wonderful tonight" Eric clapton
"comfortably numb" pink floyd

solos you can't sing:

hot for teacher intro van halen

solo you can't possibly play, never in your life:

arpeggios from hell by malmsteen

New Post
7/11/2005 6:40 PM

Install f**king subwoofers in your ford explorer and blast your precious black label society so that your ball vibrate.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysaw Zakk Wylde last nightsaw Zakk Wylde last night

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2018 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement