Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysaw Zakk Wylde last nightsaw Zakk Wylde last night
Previous

Next
New Post
8/1/2005 1:15 PM

Where are you playing tonight?

New Post
8/23/2005 3:57 PM

I'm playing in union square, NYC on sept 11th. beyotch.

New Post
8/29/2005 10:01 PM

I actually agree quite a bit with what marazm1 says. I just got back from Ozzfest 2005 at Mountain View in CA. The show pretty much sucked save for the last two acts (Iron Maiden, though I'm not a huge fan, and Black Sabbath). Black Label Society is just okay, from what I've seen so far. That's the thing though . . . they are just . . . ok. They will likely never compete in the same musical or artistic league as Sabbath or Zepplin or what have you. As a guitar fanatic, I agree about Zack's playing style (the same mode pretty much over and over, though I have seen him mix it up a tad, I think). He isn't the most diverse player on the planet. Malmsteen is not a favorite either though. Yes he is incredible, but after a while I wish HE would mix it up a little too and slow it down and really try and do some other musical sort of things. Overall though, I think that it needs to be said that that it the type of player Zack is. The Pentatonic or "blues" scale is a staple of southern rock and so that is what he pretty much knows. Whether he knows or uses other modes is hard to say, but I've rarely if ever heard him do so. He is a very talented player. Part of what I have noticed here though is a disregard, or lack of, real facts. Someone mentioned ozzy biting the head off a l;ive chicked before every show? That's a good one . . . . but you may have gotten several urban rock myths mixed up. Ozzy bit the head off of a dove (some say two) at a meeting at CBS Record in like 1980 or so . . . and off a sedated bat at a concert a year or two later. KISS was once said to have stomped baby chicks with their spiked boots, while anything about full grown chickens may have spawned from the equally unproven myth of Alice Cooper throwing a live chicken he thought to be dead back into the crowd in the hopes it would fly. It didn't and the legend said it was torn to pieces. A little research sometimes goes a long way!
                    Later guys.

"I disagree with everything you say, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it." -Voltaire

New Post
9/7/2005 10:53 AM

thank you. Everybody who worships zack, should dig a little deeper. This one guy posted on this site, "how does zack do this crazy bend technique whereby it sounds dissonant" come on! This has been done back in rock and roll era.

Jack white plays better guitar, at least he has original ideas.

New Post
9/7/2005 12:30 PM

I saw Mr. Wylde play with Ozzy for the No More Tears tour. It was awesome. He played and sounded great. Then I saw Mr Wylde playing in a small bar with only an acoustic guitar. He blew everyone away.

He's a great rock n roll guitar player that loves the old school guys like Sabbath, Zeppelin, Skynyrd, and the Allmans. Just like me!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysaw Zakk Wylde last nightsaw Zakk Wylde last night

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement