Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysaw Zakk Wylde last nightsaw Zakk Wylde last night
Previous

Next
New Post
7/17/2006 9:39 PM

I don't think Zakk Wylde really gives a sh!t what anyone thinks of him or his guitar playing.

How can you listen to songs like "Fire it up" or "Suicide Messiah" and not say he rocks?

Just remember, a guitar player (me anyway) plays what turns HIM on, whether you like it or not is irrelevent. The fans that like it will come and we will play for them, the ones that don't like it, can go listen to elevator music at Starbucks for all I care.

New Post
11/23/2006 2:05 PM

Guitarist like Zakk wylde, Dimebag Darrell, Dave Mustaine, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman and so on are not educated in musical terms, patterns scales ect. You may ask them to play a A minor scale, they may or may not know one. But if you ask them to play a few bars from the solos of their songs, they're based on a minor scales ect. These guys eat, sleep and sh*t guitar, it's all they do. They dont need to know the names of these scales, they've played so much they've figured them out without knowing it. They know what works and what doesn't work. Now people like us, we have jobs and don't get to sit around 24/7 and get paid for playing guitar. We have to learn these patterns and scales in order to get to the level of these guy, it's like a short cut for us. It's about what you can do, not what you know..

New Post
11/24/2006 1:30 PM

For a long time, I've wondered this exact thing. Have you read interviews with these people that confirms this?

New Post
2/14/2007 12:49 PM

MARAZM1...wow..ur an idiot...theled as in LED ZEPPELIN not an L E D screen...what a moron..

your insulting everyone indicates stress levels associated with the knowledge that ones arguments are weak. you feel cornered because you know your being a complete drama queen, have some sort of rigid idea that you have the supreme knowledge of all music, and even the admins on this site disagree with your weak ideology. Perhaps you should rethink the way you talk to everybody, cuz right now your showing weakness in yelling at everybody.

Also, you completely miss the point of music. Stop trying to be so freagin cool, and grow up. Your pathetic. Do you still live with your mom by any chance?

New Post
2/14/2007 12:59 PM

marazm1 is like this all over the forums...you should see him insult players who are asking normal questions about the guitar..its disgusting

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysaw Zakk Wylde last nightsaw Zakk Wylde last night

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement