Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityTeach us the right things.Teach us the right things.
Previous

Next
New Post
11/2/2002 9:21 PM

This is definately an incredible guitar learning site...the best there is,BUT all the lessons keep teaching scales and lead over and over again.
Modes and improvising over and over again.
No one teaches us how to play rocking rythem ,eg Boston,ACDC,Pat Benator,Heart,Bryan Adams,BTO,Foreigner,etc,etc.
It's a very difficult technique to master if played properly.
You know that marshall/Les Paul tone,that's what I want to learn,that rock guitar rythem that makes you want to dance.
Cmon teachers,enough lead and modes,more rythem.

Lance

Pink Floyd & David Gilmour,nothing more to say

New Post
11/4/2002 2:08 PM

Lance
Thanks for the kudos. We do cover rhythm guitar. If you look over the archives, you'll notice the teachers cover both the rhythm and lead guitar in a composition or style. First a rhythm track is shown, then a jam track of the rhythm to practice over and then lead guitar licks. This allows the guitar student to figure out the many elements of composition when listening to music. Rhythm is extremely important and we'll discuss with the teachers about creating a rhythm guitar series. The acoustic guitar lessons cover rhythm and picking as well.

Thanks for your input!
Michael J

New Post
11/7/2002 8:04 AM

Hi Michael...thanks for the reply.

Dont get me wrong this site is superb,and your teaching is excellent.
It would really be cool if you could teach us exact solo's...ie note for note,or an exact rythem section of certain songs.
I've discussed this with Lyle and he mentioned a copyright problem with regard to teaching us exact tabs,etc.
But that seems strange because on numerous other tuition sites the teachers(who are not as good as you guys)teach songs note for note.
Im busy trying right now to work out the solo from "Time",Pink Floyd....what a genius Gilmour is....there are so many delicate bends and subtle mutes it's incredible....and all with Pentatonics and and Minor scales.
Id love a teacher who just taught me Gilmour solo's for a year or two.
BTW I just recieved my POD XT.....too amazing to describe.You must try one,you'll never look back.

regards
Lance

Pink Floyd & David Gilmour,nothing more to say

New Post
11/7/2002 8:10 AM

Hi Lance,
I can teach you songs and solos note for note in private lessons. As you may know, I'm a big Gilmour fan and could teach you any and probably all of his solos note for note.

- Lyle

New Post
11/8/2002 7:48 AM

Thanks Lance
Lyle is right, the private lessons are the way to go.
Michael J

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityTeach us the right things.Teach us the right things.

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement