Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityHelp with keeping in tune..Help with keeping in tune..
Previous

Next
New Post
11/20/2002 7:06 AM

Jalle
I always stretch the strings by pulling on them slightly. Make sure the string are wrapped firmly around the tuning peg post. You might also need to take your guitar to a guitar repairman to make sure it is intonated and even try a different brand of strings.
I hope this helps!
Michael J

New Post
11/20/2002 7:49 AM

Hi,

I've had the question of changing strings come up often enough that I posted a how to change strings page on my website. Maybe that will help, too.

I think Michael is on the right track on stretching the strings when they are new. That's my best guess as to the problem.

Rock On!
Storm S.

GuitarTeacher.com

New Post
11/27/2002 10:26 PM

Whoa, haven't been on here in a while. I usually stretch em by pulling up on the string, away from the body, all along the string..like...twice in a row. I dunno if that's enough or not. I still haven't gotten the dang thing checked out. Of course...now it has a bridge saddle that's sharp and cutting strings :P....or it WAS sharp, I filed it down heavily...now I'm wondering if it'll hold the string right. Ah well...such is the joys of being broke ;)

New Post
11/27/2002 10:27 PM

Oh, I was being a tad rude too. Hi to all the teachers, I hope you guys all are havingt a good holiday :)

New Post
11/30/2002 3:04 PM

Thanks Akara!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityHelp with keeping in tune..Help with keeping in tune..

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement